Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ready to go!!!

It is a Sunday morning. A beautiful and bright sunny day. Today, I move again to Kingston-this time, for 10 weeks. It will be 10 weeks of clinical rotations in Pediatrics and Psychiatry. The air here smells of ambivalence.

It has been a very rough six weeks of didactic learning, getting an average of four and a half hours of sleep every week day. So you might understand why I am ever so glad for a Friday night. Now it is time to get handy; time to auscultate with stethoscopes, administer meds, and do all the necessary teachings to be done. I look forward to my time at Bellevue though, despite the apprehensive stories told about the mentally ill. The kids and I usually form a kind of understanding from early, so I'm sure we'll get along alright. Through experience, I have realized that regardless of the uncertainties in my environment, I usually find ways to adapt and keep a smile - and this, usually by finding another who needs a smile, and ways to make them smile. There's always someone needing.

I am ever so humbled by how, amid my imperfections, God chooses to be consistently good to me, even in days when I know for a fact I do not deserve. There is no questioning I have my days when I doubt Him. The days when I dare to entertain the thoughts of questioning God; after waiting on a much needed intervention that did not come. I wonder where He’s gone, and why He’s departed His presence from me.

And occasionally I rationalize His absence as a consequence of my indulgence. I think, perhaps I really do deserve these things that happen to me, because I have been naughty here and again. But after it is all said and done, there is a voice of hope that whispers within. I sit back and stare, amazed, at how He worked through all the situations, the good, bad, and ugly to bring me to a place of rest and joy. And to know that it really did not matter if I had been naughty or not; deserving or not, He still comes through for me, even in the most frightening, intimidating, uncertain and overwhelming circumstances. I find it most gratifying. And it gives me the drive to go, without a doubt that He will be with me even now as I make this trip.

Wait up Kingston!!! I am on my way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment