Monday, May 16, 2011

So, today, I did over an old song of mine which had been left resting for a long time, and it sounded really good. It had a nice embellishment that I believe came from time spent honing on the guitar. Some times of which I let go of the instrument out of feelings of frustration. Little did I know that these times were going to birth a subtle improvement in playing skill. I was hardly aware, but now I want to share.

I’m heading back into classes this week - tomorrow to be precise. It is a couple of months down the road till the end of undergrad. I feel worn already and sometimes torn. But I have got to press on; kick and push through this final lap. One thing for sure is certain, I will be needing to muster all of the discipline and focus necessary for a triumphant finish, more than ever. God, please help.

To think that I have started to harness thoughts of Grad school makes me wonder what kind of overachiever I’m trying to become. But I really don’t want to wait too long. I’ll be needing money,which means I'll have to work for a bit to save for some cash. Already I have a vague list of schools I’d like to send applications to. These I need to narrow down. I am still not certain of the choice to make as regards to area of specialty. My mind vacillates from between NP Cardiology to Public Health, and then to PA. Other days I feel like I want to just stay at a large university and teach undergrad and post grad. But that’s just typical me, being indecisive. If maybe I could wrap all of these options into one, I would be super glad - God, please help. For now, I guess I’ll have to take these steps one day at a time, and enjoy the happiness these last months here may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment