Monday, December 13, 2010

Let it rain.

My heart is troubled, but I couldn’t tell you why.
I worry, but it’s not enough to make me cry.
I’d like to give some explanation,
but there’s a little bit of hesitation,
the air is filled with confusion.
I feel like I’m going to choke.

My stomach churns, my chest burns
It’s a hard ball of sour feelings swallowed down
like a reflux is about to erode my gut.
Lord, heal me.
My feet are slipping, my grip is loosening
Hold me, tight.

Tonight it rained, and it made me glad
Because I know that soon
the brown leaves will turn green
and the dirt roads would be washed clean
when the night is over, when morning comes
and it shall be a plump stride on the narrow path
where the thin walk used to be hard.


So keep me humble, keep me small.
That I might continue to need You
and when I do stray, and loose my way
I may patiently wait for the night
with my knees to the ground,
and eyes to the skies
I will ask, yet again,
that You let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment