Tuesday, September 15, 2009

please come back!


I thought we were starting to be best friends:
Where did you go?
You were my pillar and my strength
My light and my shield
Where did you go?
Why did you have to leave without telling
Just when I was starting to make a friend I thought I could trust

I needed you
I told you how much this meant to me
But no…
You left me all by myself
When you knew I couldn’t go the journey alone
Now its all gone,
and we can turn back the hands of time

So while I sit here seething on my regrets;
I want you to show me that reason for which you left
That was more important than this one thing
I told you I needed the most

Today, I went searching for you at our meeting place
The place of worship, the one we call church
But I didn’t find you; I didn’t feel you
What did I do to chase you away?
All along I’ve felt you close by me
Standing tall and shielding me beneath your tower

But now you’re gone
And these days are dawned with horror
Tears stream down my face as I stare in the mirror
These struggles, they sting hard with a terror
Someone tell me, how am I supposed to be a warrior?

Some say smile for today is a blessing
But my heart is pained and all over I’m stressing
Emotions are bitter and life isn’t any sweeter
Lord could these all be a lesson?

I still need you
Please come back and fill me with joy,
make me strong and bold
For these days have become long and the nights cold
Teach me and lead me to a place of no sorrows
Like the days of old
Where you watched over me like you do the sparrows
That I might find strength to carry on till tomorrow…

Come back! Come back!

Please come back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment