Wednesday, December 12, 2012

We changed!



This morning I woke up to realize  
that with the new day that had come
that everything had changed
And the people too now acted strange
They seemed far-fetched from the way I used to know
Their language now differed
And even the leaves on the trees had now withered

Everyone had changed
The little kids have grown
And the calm infant who once was only learning to crawl
Now drove in screeches to the mall
Ah! I must have slept for very long
For even the birds now chirp with a new song

Everything had changed
Now, the rains fell a little longer
And the sun scorched even hotter
The seam of their dresses now straddled inches shorter
Exposing skin that could melt cold butter

They all changed
And by this I felt somewhat deranged.
But when I inquired in that room full of glossy mirrors ,
There were resplendent men who returned my gaze
Who also swiftly reported
That even  I had changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment